Colors of the wind - 風之彩(風的顏色)    Vanessa Williams-凡妮莎威廉斯

You think you own whatever land you land on 你以為你擁有你踏上的任何一塊土地

The earth is just a dead thing you can claim 也認為這大地只是你擁有的沒有生命的東東

But I know every rock and tree and creature 但我知道每一塊岩石、每一棵樹甚至任何萬物

Has a life, has a spirit, has a name 都有生命、靈魂和名字

 

You think the only people who are people 你以為只有你才是人

Are the people who look and think like you? 以為只有外表、想法和你一樣的人才是人                   

But if you walk the footsteps of the stranger 但如果你跟隨陌生人的腳步

You'll learn things you never knew you never knew 你將學到從來不知道從來沒聽過的事

 

Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon? 你可曾聽過狼對著玉米收成季時的滿月嗥叫

Or asked the grinning bobcat why he grinned? 或可曾問過微笑的山貓為何而笑

Can you sing with all the voices of the mountain? 你能否隨著群山的聲音歌唱

Can you paint with all the colors of the wind? 你能否用風的顏色來作畫

Can you paint with all the colors of the wind? 你能否用風的顏色來作畫

 

Come run the hidden pine trails of the forest 去森林裡那些隱藏在松樹下的小徑奔跑

Come taste the sun-sweet berries of the earth 來品嚐大地上充滿陽光甜味的野莓

Come roll in all the riches all around you 在你身邊豐饒的大自然中打滾

And for once, never wonder what they're worth 就這次, 絕對不要懷疑它們的價值

   

The rainstorm and the river are my brothers 暴雨和河流是我的兄弟

The heron and the otter are my friends 蒼鷺和水獺是我的好友

And we are all connected to each other 我們彼此心手相連

In a circle, in a hoop that never ends 連成一個無盡的圓

 

Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon? 你可曾聽過狼對著玉米收成季時的滿月嗥叫

Or let the eagle tell you where he’s been? 或讓老鷹告訴你牠去過的地方

Can you sing with all the voices of the mountain? 你能否隨著群山的聲音歌唱

Can you paint with all the colors of the wind? 你能否用風的顏色來作畫

Can you paint with all the colors of the wind? 你能否用風的顏色來作畫

 

How high does the sycamore grow? 楓樹能長到多高? 

If you cut it down , then you'll never know 如果你砍倒它,那你將永遠無法知道

And you'll never hear the wolf cry to the blue corn moon 你將永遠聽不見狼對著藍月嗥叫的聲音

For whether we are white or copper-skinned 不論我們的膚色是白色或古銅色

We need to sing with all the voices of the mountain 我們應該隨著群山的聲音歌唱

We need to paint with all the colors of the wind 我們應該用風的顏色來畫畫

 

You can own the earth and still 你可以擁有大地 

All you'll own is earth until 而你擁有的全部也只是大地    

You can paint with all the colors of the wind 除非你能用風的顏色來作畫

    ~~~ The End ~~~
                              by tsaiwn@cs.nctu.edu.tw 蔡文能 @ 交大資訊工程學系